Running In A Group

At the start of April, I started running with a group. We've got a program to follow that is geared to take a 5k runner to 10k, or improve 5k time/performance.

I'm glad to be following a structured program. I've come out against training in groups before, mainly because I feel hampered in my ability to make 'appointments' to train, and I wouldn't want to keep anyone waiting, but in this case, the group heads out at lunchtime on Mondays and Wednesdays so that fits into my regular schedule just fine.

There are a lot of benefits to running woth others (either a partner or two, or a group):




And yet, for all this, I'm noticing a few drawbacks...


Still with group sessions twice a week, I still have opportunities to run solo and therefore get the best of both worlds. What about you? Do you prefer running solo, or with company?