#JustRunning Chronicle: Week 2

The idea was to have running be my only form of exercise for the first 14 days of January, with a minimum of 7 runs (to average running every other day).

You are looking at the only run of week 2 (after getting 4 runs in for Week 1).  I don't want to be negative, and I know that the path to success is paved with failures, but I really don't feel like launching into the next (and more complicated) phase of the 2014 fitness journey without having succeeded at the first phase.  Nor do I feel like repeating it.

The good news is that I did develop a thirst for other forms of exercise and more intensity as I went for my runs, so from that point of view, mission accomplished.  The trick will be to not think I can go madly off in all directions again.

While I had ideas for the next step, the fact that I couldn't get 2 weeks of 'Just Running' done (thanks to illness, icy conditions on the roads), makes me hesitant to undertake them.  With things the way they are (I'm writing this instead of going to bed because I'm waiting for an update from the hospital as to whether the Lightning Kid's oxygen levels are going to go back up...) I need a moderate approach.  Like Ringo said, I get by with a little help from my friends.  Do you remember Carla of MizFitOnline? Her motto is #wycwyc ("What You Can, When You Can") and our friend Katie of Mom's Little Running Buddy demonstrated a great way to fit in exercise during domestic chores, see?

That's probably what it will be like for the next week or two for me.

I'm nominated for the Health Activist Awards at Wegohealth.  Please consider endorsing me! Just follow the link above.

Labels: